ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité Côte d'Azur
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/08/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Nice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE15/11/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER847581
A multi-sensory environment : joining olfactory perception to musical listening in the contex of well-being and performance
In this project, the PhD student will study the impact of olfactory and musical stimuli on participants' well-being and cognitive performances, considering individual experiences and culture as moderators.
In line with the quest by consumers for naturalness and well-being, local (perfume industry in Grasse) or international companies have shown their interests in such aspects. The PhD student will thus perform double blind protocols with both subjective (questionnaires) and objective (blood pressure, heart rate, electrodermal response with the new technology of Cocolab Platform) measurements within a high collaborative framework associating psychologists and chemists of Côte d’Azur (France) and DaNang/HoChiMin (Vietnam) Universities. Therefore, under the supervision of Prof S.Faure, expert in cognitive and clinical neuropsychology and of Prof S. Antonczak, expert in the chemistry of aromas and perfumes, the PhD will have to :
- propose enhanced protocols based on a revue of literature (model of multisensory integration, well-being and cognitive performance) ;
- set up the experimental protocols for a Western population (physiological measurement with biopac®, emotional identification with FaceRader® of Noldus®, manage synchronization of odorant’s and music’s diffusion with TheObserverXT®, neuropsychological and psychometrics scales assessment) ;
- replicate these studies to a non-Western population (Da Nang University, 6-months research stay) ;
- value the results (publication, congress…) and search for new funding and partnerships ;
The PhD student candidate will benefit from the experience of both LAPCOS and ICN laboratories and the involvement of Dr. X. Corveleyn and Dr. M. Adrian-Scotto as contributor to this project.
The programme will provide excellent working conditions to the ESRs:
- Attractive salary of 2709,00 € (gross salary) per month, as well as, different allowances (between 815 and 1215 euros per month) ;
- The legal working time is 37 hours per week, with a daily working duration that does not exceed 10 hours ;
- Subsidized lunches and monthly pass for public transportation ;
- A total amount of yearly vacations of 45 days ;
- Paid sick leaves ;
- Parental leaves following the birth/adoption of a child ;
- Sick and parental leaves add up to the 42-month duration of the contract ;
- In addition to their income, the doctoral candidates who have family obligations will receive an extra family allowance of €400 per month. Furthermore, they will benefit for each child of a monthly financial help from the French social security (calculations based on the household income and on the number of children under the age of 20).
BoostUrCAreer will abide by the mobility rule defined for MSCA, the reference date being the call deadline, meaning applicants will only be eligible if they have lived or had their main activity (work, studies etc.) in France for less than 12 months within the past three years at the time of recruitment (November 15th).
Applicants must have a master’s degree or an international equivalent.
The selection process is detailed in the Applicant Guide available on the BoostUrCAreer application website.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The PhD student candidate should have an academic and applied experience in human experimental research (cognitive psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience…).
EURAXESS offer ID: 419637
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.