ORGANISATION/COMPANYMARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/12/2019 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lublin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
- application addressed to the Rector of Maria Curie-Skłodowska University;
- a copy or certified copy of a master's degree or doctoral diploma, or a resolution of the Faculty Council on conferring a doctoral degree, or another document confirming obtaining a doctoral degree;
- personal questionnaire and CV;
- list of scientific publications;
- list of scientific and organizational achievements;
- statement of compliance with the requirements, in accordance with art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668, as amended);
- candidate's statement that UMCS will be the primary place of work in the case of employment;
- statement by the candidate that he consents to the processing of personal data, in accordance with art. 6 clause 1 lit. a) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation on personal data protection);
- references, opinion about the predispositions to scientific work.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
- possession of a master's degree or doctoral degree in the fields of physical sciences or related obtained no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project, with the conditions specified in the National Centre of Sciences,
- managing or working in a research project financed by external institutions or having special scientific achievements,
- at least 2 years of experience working in a fiber optic laboratory; experience in measuring optical properties of optical fibers,
- experience in numerical simulations of optical fibers,
- knowledge of photonics, with particular emphasis on optical fiberscs and nonlinear phenomena,
- ability to prepare optical fibers,
- ability to operate optical fibers splicer's,
- ability to operate optical fibers measuring devices, such as: optical spectrum analyzers, optical reflectometers, optical power meters,
- knowledge of methods for measuring the optical properties of optical fibers,
- ability to design and set up measurement systems for the characterization of optical properties of optical fibers,
- knowledge of COMSOL Multiphysics ;
- high motivation to conduct scientific research and the ability to work in a scientific team.
EURAXESS offer ID: 462097
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.