The European Union, its Member States and Europeans across the continent are mobilised in support of people fleeing the war in Ukraine. We are working on all fronts to support Ukraine with assistance, humanitarian aid and civil protection. This specific initiative wants to support researchers of Ukraine by providing them with an overview of all existing actions at European and national levels.
Find useful information in Belgium
You just arrived in Belgium & you need a place to stay?
"If you don't have any place to stay in Belgium (with friends or family), Fedasil will direct you to an accommodation offered by the municipalities of the country."
You are currently staying in Belgium & your residence permit or visa is almost extending?
Please click here for more information.
More general information on other kinds of assistance
Furthermore various 'Welcome to Flanders' sessions will be organized in Ukrainian at the end of March and the beginning of April 2022. You can register for free.
Joboffers for refugees are available @ our Science4Refugees webpage
- KU Leuven also collected a number of temporary positions open to fleeing Ukrainian scientists or professionals in their university on their own webpage
- VITO, an independent Flemish research organisation in the area of cleantech and sustainable development wants to highligt its career opportunities for PhDs and Postdocs.
- VUBs temporary positions for Ukrainian researchers can be found on the Science for Ukraine-website.
- UANtwerp encourages Ukrainian academics and professionals to apply for one of the vacancies at the university. The job offers can be found
- On the following webpage you can find a link to a dedicated vacancies page where UGent collects all job offers for refugees. Of course, refugees can also apply here for "regular" vacancies in the different types of personnel at UGent.
- The SPW Research has set up a special call for applications to host Ukrainian researchers in Wallonia/ Wallonia-Brussels Federation, in the frame the "BEWARE Fellowships 2" : "BEWARE 2022_2_Ukraine"
- UCLouvain gathered a number of opportunities open to fleeing Ukrainian scientists or professionals in their university on their website
The war in Ukraine is creating a warm wave of solidarity. Below you will find links to numerous initiatives and relevant information for students and staff offered by our Belgian institutions and beyond:
- From our universities & research institutions:
- KU Leuven: information about Ukraine (kuleuven.be) for students and staff members
- UGent: Aid actions by students and staff & information regarding the impact of the war in Ukraine, concerning work, study and/or life at Ghent University.
- VUB bundles all their initiatives on #PeaceForUkraine. They also launched a central mail address for all questions related to the Russia-Ukraine conflict email@example.com
ULiège: information for students, researchers and professors via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
the ULB offers an emergency assistance to members of the academic community fleeing Ukraine and being of Ukrainian nationality or benefiting from international protection, as well as to Russian and Belarusian opponents of the war who are in danger. More info and application : https://www.ulb.be/en/helpukraine/help-ukraine-academic-community
- More general information on other kinds of assistance for Ukrainians in Belgium.
General information for Ukrainians in an app | Вся інформація для українців у зручному додатку
Free daily online trauma and resilience support sessions @ 19h30 for Ukrainians everywhere
- On the Science for Ukraine website you'll find current help offers. This website has been established by "a community group of volunteer students and research scientists from academic institutions in Europe and around the world to collect and disseminate information about support opportunities at the university, national, and international level for graduate students and researchers directly affiliated to an academic institution in Ukraine."
- A Belgian radio is diffusing information in Ukrainian 24/7. The content is destined to all Ukrainian citizens, those who have already come to Belgium and those who are still abroad. RTBF Ukraine